8 steps to buying a property
A realistic look at your dream home
Our estate agent will help you tackle the competition on the Amsterdam housing market. He or she is a vital asset. Being less emotionally connected to the purchase of your dream home, we are in a better position to negotiate. We will also look at the structure of the house and determine if it is worth your money If the dimensions are correct and what is the neighbourhood like?
We will guide you through the entire process of buying the perfect home, using the following 8 steps:
1 – Define your requirements
We invite you to come and explain to us what your perfect home looks like over a cup of tea or coffee:
- How many (bed)rooms would you like?
- What is the distance to your work?
- Which area would you like to live in?
- Any other preferences
2 – Define your financial situation
- What type of mortgage would you prefer?
- What are the interest rates at the moment?
- Do you have any other current financial obligations we should consider?
3 – In search of your dream home
We will search for properties that match your preferences. We will then proceed to show you the houses we have carefully picked out and plan viewings. We will accompany you at a second viewing, having carefully analysed the market and the local area surrounding the property.
4 – Making a preliminary offer
We will carry out a thorough check of the property, this includes things like: boundaries, soil, environmental permit, lease hold, development plan, VVE (Association of Owners), building plans and energy label. After all of this we can start negotiations with the selling agent and advise you on the valuation and structural condition of the property. We will keep you up to date about the offer, transfer date and conditions.
5 – The purchase agreement
We will check and discuss the bill of sale and the legal paperwork necessary for the final purchase. Our estate agent will accompany you to the final inspection and transfer. Questions may come up, such as:
- How does the National Mortgage Guarantee (Nationale Hypotheek Garantie/NHG) work?
- Is it advisable to write a civil partnership contract?
- Are you eligible for a subsidy from the municipal?
6 – Arrange a mortgage
- Which mortgage is at the best rate for you?
- Do you have life insurance?
- For how many years should we try to fix your mortgage?
7 – The transfer
- Which solicitor should we choose?
- Which solicitor is the cheapest?
- Congratulations! At this point you are the proud owner of a new home.
8 – After Sales
- Let us know your opinion – we value your feedback.
- Are you satisfied and would you like to share your experience with others?
- Are you likely to recommend us to family and friends?
- Please review us on Google and Facebook!